Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Refreshing Afternoon

 My Mom and I went the hospital today due to the weather. (we're all fine, just taking precautionary measures because of the tornado watches in our area.) Anyways, as we were sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch, we were sitting next to some 20 to 30 something year old guys, and I couldn't help but over hear their conversation. To my surprise, they were talking about the bible! One guy was telling the other about his experiences with his family or something like that, and about how he was reading in Proverbs and how the Lord helped him when he really wanted to say some nasty things to his family members or possibly a ex-wife. (I'm not exactly sure.) The other guy was listening intently, soaking up all of what his friend had to say. I'm not sure what the end result was, (after all, I didn't know them from Adam, so I really didn't know the situation) but I did find that it was very refreshing to hear someone talk about Christ openly and in public like that.
 We should all be like those guys. Why should we be ashamed to talk about our Father? We shouldn't be. We should be screaming it loud and clear, like singing in the car with the windows rolled down at a stoplight to a song that noone knows but you and whoever's with you.
 So I challenge you today. Make a difference in this sin-filled world and tell someone about Jesus. Who knows? You might just help add someone to the family of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment