Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Music - One Of My Favorite Ways To Glorify God

 I don't know about you, but music impacts my life in a big way. I like all kinds of music, Country, Rock, Rap, and few others, but my favorites are Rock and Rap. I used to be one of the people who was constantly listening to the secular music, (like the stuff on the pop stations) right up until I accepted Christ. Even after I accepted him, I still found myself listening to the secular music not realizing just how much it affected me. Until, one day I really started to pay attention to the lyrics of the music.
 Now I don't cuss, I've been taught that it's bad and not to say those kind of words, but I noticed that in the music I was listening to, the aritsts cussed alot. Not only were they cussing, but they were also talking about very impure things. I started to really dislike the things I was hearing.
 My friends Mary and Paul lent me some of their Christian Rock and Rap CD's. If it hadn't been for them, I wouldn't have even know that there was a such thing as Christian Rock and definitly not Christian Rap! I had no clue that they even existed. As far as I knew, the only Christian music out there was the Hymns that I sang in Church.
 A couple of my favorite artists are Flame, (Christian Rap) Fireflight, (Christian Rock) and Group 1 Crew. (A Rock/Rap/Funky style) They all have very powerful messages in their music. I'd recommend them to anyone who likes listening to the popular radio stations.

 Now how can we take this music and give the Glory to God with it? Well, one of my favorite things to do is sing them. Not just sing the songs just to sing them though. I'd sing them to God. By singing the songs I find it a great way to praise and worship Christ.
 What if I don't really like singing? Well, coming from someone who really enjoys singing, I don't know what exactly I'd do, but I think I'd just listen and absorb the lyrics one by one and just soak up the messages that each song portrays.

 So as you can see, music is a really great way to Glorify God and to praise his name. Now I encourage you to act on it! Go and search for these Artists, and use their creations to give the Glory to our Amazing God!
(Psalm 149:1)

2 comments:

  1. i noticed that you said "not clue" i think you meant "no clue" (3rd paragraph) but i read this and i enjoy reading your blogs i just found out! haha :) ~Sarah E.

    ReplyDelete