Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Time..

Time.. Where on earth has the time flown?!? It's been a while since you've seen a post from me, I guess it's been over a month or more now. I'm not sure why I haven't posted, other than lack of inspiration and laziness, but anyways, quite a big milestone happened in the life of this blog a couple of weeks ago. On April 21st 2012, We R 3G - Giving Glory To God turned 1 year old! I can't believe it's been a whole year since I started this blog, and here I am, now 29 posts later, with 24 followers via blogger, and 31 likes on Facebook! I can't believe it! I never thought that in just a year I would have something like that.. Anyways, Happy Birthday to We R 3G!

 Now, for the real reason I started this post. The other day I got to thinking about the word love. I've often wondered the true meaning of it, so I decided to see what the Bible had to say about it. I've always heard the quote from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 that says: "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." That right there really speaks to me. I think about how God is all of those things. God is patient, and kind. God is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. He doesn't demand His own way. He is not irritable, and keeps no record of our wrongs. He doesn't rejoice about injustice, but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. He never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
 There is also another verse that really speaks to me is this: 1 John 4:8 it says: "But anyone who does not know love does not know God, for God is love."  Then I got to thinking, do I really know love? Do I really understand what it means to be patient and kind? Am I jealous or boastful or proud or rude? Do I demand my own way? Am I irritable, and hold grudges? Do I really understand just who God is? As I sit here typing this, I'm really thinking these things through. I'm asking myself these questions, and I'm really questioning myself on some of these things. Ask yourself these questions. Are you really loving the way God is love? Do you really know God? I've really been wondering these things, and I'm not sure I know my personal answer to some of these yet..

 I also thought you might like to hear that I wrote the lyrics to a song about 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. I titled it Love is Who You Are however, that's to come in another post that I'll write up soon. (Yes, I did this just to leave you hanging.. Hehe..) Anyways, I leave you with a quote from Ephesians 3:19.

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Love In Christ,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment